- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (113 grams) unsalted butter, room
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) confectioner's (powdered or icing)
- 1 cup (140 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh lemon juice (approximately two
- large lemons)
- 1 tablespoons (5 grams) grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) all purpose flour
- Confectioner's (powdered or icing) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and
- place rack in center of oven.
- Grease with butter (or use a cooking spray) a 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) pan.
- FOR CRUST:
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until
- light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough just comes together.
- Press into the bottom of your greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
- FOR FILLING:
- In your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until nice and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and stir to combine.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour the filling over the shortbread crust and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- To serve:
- Cut into squares or triangles and dust with powdered sugar.
- These are best eaten the day they are made but can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Yield: 16 - 2 inch (5 cm) squares or 32 triangles.
- TIP: Always remove the zest first before halving and
- squeezing the lemon. Use a fine strainer to remove
- the seeds and pulp from the juice.
NotesMy friend Michelle helped me find this recipe on the Joy of Cooking website. My mom loves everything lemon, so I made them for her especially for a party at her house. Everyone loved them, and I plan on making them again in the future.
Source: Joy of Cooking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More