- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust, mix flour and light brown sugar using a food processor until fully incorporated. Toss butter into flour mixture and pulse to combine using short bursts of power until butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and dough appears lumpy.
- Sprinkle crust mixture onto an ungreased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan as evenly as possible; press down with a spatula to create a packed surface. Place crust in middle of oven and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make lemon topping, beat eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar; mix well.
- Add lemon juice and remaining powdered sugar; mix until powdered sugar is completely dissolved and then add zest.
- As soon as crust us finished, remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust. Bake completely; cool, and cut into 24 bars. Yields 1 bar per serving.
- The crust must be HOT when you pour on the lemon mixture.
- You’ll need approximately three lemons to yield the amount of juice and zest in this recipe.
- You can increase the lemon flavor of these bars by adding more zest or eliminate the zest altogether for a less tart taste. You can also change the flavor completely by subbing fresh lime juice and zest for the lemon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Cooking with SabraSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More