- Cooking Time: 26
- Servings: 4 pt
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, strained
- 1 3/4 oz box Sure-Jell
- Rinse and dry (unblemished) herbs. Place in an enamel pan and use a
- wooden spoon to bruise the leaves, extracting oil. Add 2 cups water,
- bring to boil. Remove from heat, cover and steep 20 min. Strain and put
- 1 1/2 cups liquid back in the pan. Discard leaves.
- Add sugar and lemon juice, bring to rolling boil, stirring. Add pectin,
- stir and bring to rolling boil, stir and boil 1 min, remove from heat
- and skim off froth. Put in sterilized jars, process in boiling water bath
- 5 min.