- Cooking Time: 30 - 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1/2 C seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 T butter, melted
- 2 t. grated lemon peel
- 1 t. dried basil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 1/4 inch thick and 6 oz each)
- In a shallow dish, combine egg and lemon juice.
- In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil.
- Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13x9x2 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear.
NotesMade this for my father when Mom was out of town. Stay juicy and don't dry out. Good with Kasha and Sesame Brocolli as sides (previously posted). From Light and Tasty. I used fresh basil in the recipe and as a garnish.
280 cal, 12 g fat, trace fiber per chop.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More