- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups a.p. flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Zest from one lemon
- juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350'F
- Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, eggs and granulated sugar until nice and fluffy. Add half of the milk and mix, then add half of the flour mixture and mix....then add the remaining milk, mix. And finally add the remaining flour mixture, and mix.
- Fold in the blueberries and lemon zest
- Pour your luscious batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until you get the clean toothpick test.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Now....take a toothpick and poke the loaf all over the place
- Mix together the lemon juice and the powdered sugar to make a glaze and pour the glaze all over the warm bread.
NotesThis recipe was adapted from a recipe I came across in a Costco cookbook. Basically I left out the poppy seeds and walnuts and folded in some blueberries instead. Great tasting loaf and so easy to make!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
My Family CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More