- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large lemons
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, I prefer butter.
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh frozen blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 10 (4” x 2 ¼”) loaf pans. Remove and finely chop lemon peel. Juice the lemon. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into mixture using a pastry cutter or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk and lemon juice to the eggs. Stir slowly into the flour/butter mixture, just until the flour is moistened. Fold in blueberries, being careful not to break them. Spoon evenly between pans and top with chopped lemon peel. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. While cake bakes combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of frozen lemonade concentrate. Cool loaves in pan for 5 minutes. Spoon lemonade mixture over the top of the blueberry loaves. Cool an additional 5 minutes in the pan and then remove and let cool entirely on wire racks.
- Makes 10 mini (4”x2 ¼”) loaves