- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar Save 1/2 cup for top
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- Cream butter and 1 cup of sugar, add eggs, Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Add grated rind, pour into 5x9 loaf pan or 2 small pans.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 min.
- Mix lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Spoon over hot bread and let cool in pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More