- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (reserve the juice for the glaze
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Blend in milk.
- In second bowl thoroughly stir the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Pour over batter and stir to moisten. Spoon into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick tests clean.
- While the loaf bakes, make the glaze. Combine juice of one lemon with 1/4 cup sugar. Heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove loaf from oven, de-pan and glaze while still hot.
NotesThis lemon bread is to-die-for. Don't skip the glaze, it's a must, and don't use bottled lemon juice, fresh is the way to go. I love this in the morning but it's equally delicious in the afternoon with a cup of tea or even for dessert. In blueberry season I add blueberries for the best ever Blueberry-Lemon bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Simple Homemade Favorites
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More