- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (reserve the juice for the glaze
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Blend in milk.
- In second bowl thoroughly stir the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Pour over batter and stir to moisten. Spoon into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick tests clean.
- While the loaf bakes, make the glaze. Combine juice of one lemon with 1/4 cup sugar. Heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove loaf from oven, de-pan and glaze while still hot.
NotesThis lemon bread is to-die-for. Don't skip the glaze, it's a must, and don't use bottled lemon juice, fresh is the way to go. I love this in the morning but it's equally delicious in the afternoon with a cup of tea or even for dessert. In blueberry season I add blueberries for the best ever Blueberry-Lemon bread.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
AMFC Clamily Cook Book
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More