- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 9 c. rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 c. vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 4 tsp. lemon zest (from two large lemons)
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1. Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- 2. Place all ingredients except confectioner's sugar into a one quart microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, then remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second intervals until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- 3. Pour lemon mixture over cereal and mix completely.
- 4. Place cereal in a gallon size resealable bag. Add confectioner's sugar, seal bag, and shake to coat. Pour onto wax paper to dry. Store in an airtight container up to one week.
NotesI love spending time in the kitchen with my mom. You can do the same. These lemon buddies are a fun and tasty treat to make with the kids before school starts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More