- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 9 c. rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 c. vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 4 tsp. lemon zest (from two large lemons)
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1. Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- 2. Place all ingredients except confectioner's sugar into a one quart microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, then remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second intervals until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- 3. Pour lemon mixture over cereal and mix completely.
- 4. Place cereal in a gallon size resealable bag. Add confectioner's sugar, seal bag, and shake to coat. Pour onto wax paper to dry. Store in an airtight container up to one week.
NotesI love spending time in the kitchen with my mom. You can do the same. These lemon buddies are a fun and tasty treat to make with the kids before school starts.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Cooking for a Cure
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More