- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of lemon peel
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners sugar
- A flour sifter
- 1. In a very large bowl,
- beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1 1 1/2 cups sugar, the baking soda, and salt.
- Beat until light and fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs, lemon peel, vanilla, and almond extract until combined. Gradually beat in oil until smooth.
- Beat in lemon juice.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place teaspoon full of dough on wax or parchment paper/cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 min.
- While warm, dust with sifted confectioners sugar.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
Notesfrom Anita Banks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More