- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups + 3 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Red food color (to color icing and sugar, optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- Add the butter, confectioner’s sugar, salt, lemon juice, and food coloring (if using) to the stand mixer and mix on low using the paddle attachment until combined. Turn the speed to med-high until the icing is fluffy and uniformly pink. Add the icing to a pastry bag fitted with a 2D tip and ice the cupcakes.
- Optional - Add the sugar and a couple drops of the food coloring to a food processor. Process until the sugar turns pink. Spread the sugar onto a plate and let dry for 15 minutes. Sprinkle onto freshly-iced cupcakes and enjoy!
- My Notes: I did not have a stand mixer so I used my hand mixer and everything came out perfect. I also used a plain ol butter knife to frost the cupcake. Lastly, they took less time to cook in my oven so keep a close eye on them.
NotesThere were really good. Nice and tart (but not too tart for us). This is a keeper!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Cooking with Sabra
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More