- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI make this cake at Easter. It is nice and light, and the frosting is incredibly creamy.
Notes: You might think that a yellow cake mix and a lemon jello mix is an odd combination, but it works! You might even want to try using a lemon cake mix. I don’t think it would be too lemony.
The addition of the Glaze does not make the cake too sweet. It makes it very moist. If you choose not to use the Frosting, you might want to double the Glaze ingredients.
- 1 (18.25 oz) Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) pkg lemon jello mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Cake: Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- While cake is still hot, poke all over with a fork. Pour glaze over hot cake.
- Cool on a wire rack.