- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Add the water, oil and eggs, mix until smooth and well blended. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. While the cake is still hot, poke holes in the top with a fork. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and confectioners sugar until smooth. Pour over hot cake.
- This doesn't really make a 'frosting' so to speak, more like a very light, very tangy glaze. :)
NotesI was looking for a lemon cake recipe that was not only easy, but had an intense lemon flavor. This turned out great! I found this on Allrecipes.