- Cooking Time: 1 hour total
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- Dry Mix
- 1 pkg. gluten-free yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg lemon fat free sugar free pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (non aluminum)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup Dry Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- Creamy mix
- Remainder of Dry Mix
- 2 8-oz pkg cream cheese - softened (used Neufchatel)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar (used sucralose)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine Dry Mix ingredients with a wire whisk
- Measure 1 cup of the Dry Mix, set aside for adding to the cream cheese.
- Combine remaining Dry Mix with 1 egg and the oil until mixed.
- Press into the bottom of a shortening greased 13X9X2 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 350 F. It will puff up a little.
- Combine all Creamy Mix ingredients (except Dry Mix) at low speed until fluffy
- Mix in the Dry Mix just until blended
- Dollop the Creamy mixture over the partially cooked Crust, use the spatula to gently spread it over the crust.
- Bake an additional 40 to 45 minutes. Gluten-free version takes longer to bake. The edges will be browned.
- Cool and serve, optionally with a dollop of sour cream
- Watch it after 35 minutes until you are familiar with making this version. This version baked about 45 minutes.
- Substitute sucralose for the sugar or any sweetener that measures the same as sugar
- Add the dry mix in at the very last minute and mix just to blend in. Over mixing will make it a little more like bread instead of like cake.
- Servings: 16
- Nutrition Facts as prepared
- Nutrition (per serving): 207 calories, 4.8g monounsaturated fat, 1.4g polyunsaturated fat, <1g linoleic acid, 5.4g saturated fat, 12.1g total fat, 54mg cholesterol, carbohydrate factor: 4, 21g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 21g net carbohydrates, 8.6g sugar, <1g fructose, <1g sucrose, 182.6mg sodium, 53.3mg potassium, 4.1g protein, 45.2mg calcium, <1mg iron.
NotesA request for a gluten-free cheese cake reminded me of a recipe I have made numerous times before having to go gluten-free. This is a modified version of the original
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More