- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box lemon or yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, butter and 1 of the eggs with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed.
- Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs into remaining cream cheese mixture on medium speed until blended.
- Spread over cake mixture.
- Bake bars 23 to 28 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours or until firm.
- For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More