- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ lemons (3/8 cup lemon juice)
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- dash salt
- unbaked pastry shell, 9”
- Place pastry in pie pan and crimp edges. (If you're using store bought pie dough, let it get to room temperature first for ease of unrolling)
- Have lemon at room temperature or soak in warm water (to get more juice).
- Zest rind (note, you just want the yellow on top, not the white pith, so zest shallowly).
- Ream out or squeeze lemon , measure juice.
- Add sugar, melted butter, eggs, salt. Mix with wire whip until smooth. Mix in grated rind or just put it in the pie shell. Pour rest over.
- Bake at 325 about 45 minutes.
- Makes one large pie.
NotesThis simple lemon pie can easily be made with items you might already have on hand. It also reminds me of a less lemony lemon bar and is a huge hit with guests.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More