- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ lemons (3/8 cup lemon juice)
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- dash salt
- unbaked pastry shell, 9”
- Place pastry in pie pan and crimp edges. (If you're using store bought pie dough, let it get to room temperature first for ease of unrolling)
- Have lemon at room temperature or soak in warm water (to get more juice).
- Zest rind (note, you just want the yellow on top, not the white pith, so zest shallowly).
- Ream out or squeeze lemon , measure juice.
- Add sugar, melted butter, eggs, salt. Mix with wire whip until smooth. Mix in grated rind or just put it in the pie shell. Pour rest over.
- Bake at 325 about 45 minutes.
- Makes one large pie.
NotesThis simple lemon pie can easily be made with items you might already have on hand. It also reminds me of a less lemony lemon bar and is a huge hit with guests.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More