- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMakes 4 Servings
Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Lemon peel (optional)
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Combine flour and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- In a 12" skillet, cook chicken in hot butter over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, combine chicken broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch; add to skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in green onions.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
- If desired, garnish with lemon peel.
- Makes 4 Servings
- Time: 25 minutes