- Cooking Time: 70-75
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose or 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 7 large egg yolks(with all-purpose flour) or 5 large egg yolks (with cake flour)
- 1 cup large egg whites (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 325F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat in water, oil, vanilla, lemon peel and egg yolks with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually pour egg yolk mixture over beaten egg whites, folding in with rubber spatula just until blended. Pout into ungreased angel food cake pan (tube pan) 10x4 inches.
- Bake about 1 hour 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof funnel or bottle. Let hang about 2 hours or until cake is completely cool. Loosen side of cake with knife or long metal spatula, remove from pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More