- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Stir in apricots and 1 tablespoon lemon peel.
- Add whipping cream and stir just until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently just until dough holds together.
- Form dough into 10-inch-diameter, 1/2-inch-thick round.
- Cut into 12 wedges.
- Transfer wedges to large baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl.
- Brush scones with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake scones until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool slightly.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Wrap in foil; store at room temperature.)
- Serve scones warm or at room temperature.
NotesThe whipping cream that is added to these slightly sweet scones gives them a delicate texture, while the lemon peel and dried apricots add terrific flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Cooking with SabraSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More