- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Stir in apricots and 1 tablespoon lemon peel.
- Add whipping cream and stir just until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently just until dough holds together.
- Form dough into 10-inch-diameter, 1/2-inch-thick round.
- Cut into 12 wedges.
- Transfer wedges to large baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl.
- Brush scones with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake scones until light golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool slightly.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Wrap in foil; store at room temperature.)
- Serve scones warm or at room temperature.
NotesThe whipping cream that is added to these slightly sweet scones gives them a delicate texture, while the lemon peel and dried apricots add terrific flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More