- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 24 to 40 bars
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick)
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 9 x 11-inch rectangular pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, cut butter into cookie mix, using fork or pastry blender. Stir in egg until mixture is crumbly. Press a little more than half of cookie mixture into bottom of pan (if dough is too sticky, add a little bit of flour to your hands); bake 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir condensed milk and lemon juice until thick. Spread over baked crust. Crumble remaining cookie mixture over top. Bake about 22 - 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Let the pan cool before cutting them into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
- For thicker bars, use an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
NotesThis is my version of a recipe that I found on the Betty Crocker website. I made it for my co-workers and 2 of them begged me for the recipe because they LOVED them!