- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 3 to 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 lemon cucumbers (or regular), quarterd and sliced into 1/4 in. slices
- 2 ⁄ 3 cup · fresh dill losely packed
- ¼ cup · fresh lemom juice
- ¼ cup · extra virgin oil
- 2 pinch · of salt (big pinch)
- 8 oz · extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup · pine nuts
- 1 large · , ripe avicado
- 1. Toss cucumbers, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Let sit for 20 minutes tossing gently once or twice
- 2. cook tofu and a pinch of salt i a well-seasoned skillet (or non stick if you prefer) over medium heat until browned on one side. toss gently a few times and continue to cook until tofu is firm, golden, and bouncy..set aside
- 3. just before serving cut avocado into cubes
- 4. Spoon cucumbers out of then lemon olive oil mix into a large salad bowl. Add half the remaining dressing, the tofu, and half the pine nuts. Toss gently. Taste. Add mire dressing or salt if desired. Sprinkle avocado across top and gently toss to incorporate.
- 5. Serve over brown rice or your other favorites like soba noodles or your favorite salad greens.
NotesMy girlfriend is Vegan one day a week and I know very little about vegan cuisine. I am always searching the web for ideas. I saw this dish a while back by Heidi Swanson, which was served on a bed of mung beans. It looked absolutely delish! I made this salad over a bed of brown rice, and it was extremely tasty!