- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/8 cup (9 oz) frozen Pink Lemonade Concentrate, thawed*
- White cake mix (yes, the boxed stuff)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Non-stick spray
- 1 recipe Lemon Buttercream Icing (recipe follows)
- For a less tart cupcake (and these babies do pack a punch), try reducing the amount of pink lemonade. 3/8 cup water and 3/4 cup pink lemonade will cut the tartness.
- In a stand mixer, add the cake mix, egg whites, vegetable oil, and the pink lemonade concentrate.
- Mix on low for about 30 seconds and then increase to medium speed for 90 seconds (the batter will still be a bit lumpy; take care not to overmix so you don’t end up with dry cupcakes).
- Spray each cupcake liner with the non-stick spray and spoon the batter into a prepared muffin pan (fill the cups between 2/3 and 3/4 full).
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick registers “done” in the center cupcake.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and cool completely on a baking rack.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, make the icing and ice the cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Cooking for a CureSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More