- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line 12 standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix milk and vanilla; set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low speed, add half of dry ingredients, followed by milk mixture, then remaining dry ingredients.
- Add lemon juice and zest. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly amoung prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
NotesThese cupcakes were inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe for yellow cake with vanilla frosting. I can never leave well enough alone, I always have to tweak a recipe. Luckily that sometimes pays off, as it did with these cupcakes. They have the perfect delicate lemon flavor, not overpowering, just right.
The One Dollar Cookbook
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More