- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes about 2 1/2 pts.
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large or 4 medium lemons. Zest each and then juice each.
- 2 C sugar
- 6 eggs - room temperature
- 1/2 C butter cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Mix zest and juice with sugar and stir. In another bowl, beat eggs until lemon color.
- In the top of a double boiler melt butter. Add sugar mixture and then the well beaten eggs, stirring with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until very thick. It should coat the back of the wooden spoon. Spoon into 8 oz jars. Cover with lids and rings. Label. It should keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 months.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More