- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes about 2 1/2 pts.
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large or 4 medium lemons. Zest each and then juice each.
- 2 C sugar
- 6 eggs - room temperature
- 1/2 C butter cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Mix zest and juice with sugar and stir. In another bowl, beat eggs until lemon color.
- In the top of a double boiler melt butter. Add sugar mixture and then the well beaten eggs, stirring with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until very thick. It should coat the back of the wooden spoon. Spoon into 8 oz jars. Cover with lids and rings. Label. It should keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 months.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Mexican Wedding Cakes
Classic Beef Stew
chocolate peanut butter cream cheese fillingSee More