- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySoft custard used as tart filling or as a spread for scones, biscuits, or other baked goods. Similar to lemon meringue.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
- In a heavy saucepan, beat eggs and sugar.
- Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon peel.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or till mixture is thickened and reaches 160º F.
- Cover and store in refrigerator up to one week. Yield: 1-2/3 cups