- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Zest of one lemon
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs, plus one egg yolk
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Add the zest of one lemon to 3/4 cup sugar. Cream this mixture with 1/4 cup softened butter. Add 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in 1/3 cup lemon juice and a dash of salt.
- Place the lemon mixture in a medium-sized heavy saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a simmer and starts to thicken (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, cover and chill until needed.
NotesI was making a Braided Lemon Bread recipe and needed some lemon curd. Since I don't like a really sour lemon taste, I chose to make my own. This stuff is great on just about anything...toast, pancakes, waffles. Keep it covered and chilled and use it within a few days.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More