- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is really yummy!!
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 C. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 whole chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, cut in halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze 3TBSP juice from lemons, reserve squeezed lemon halves.
- Combine parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oil, rosemary, pepper and salt in small bowl; blend well.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Place chicken on rack in baking pan.
- Gently slide fingers between skin and meat and drumsticks to separate skin from meat, careful not to tear skin.
- Spoon parsley mixture between skin and meat (secure breast skin with toothpicks, if necessary).
- Discard any remaining mixture.
- Place lemon halves in cavity of the chicken. Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes with reserved parsley mixture until coated.
- Arrange potatoes around chicken, bake for 1 hour, or until juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More