- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 C. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 whole chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, cut in halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze 3TBSP juice from lemons, reserve squeezed lemon halves.
- Combine parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oil, rosemary, pepper and salt in small bowl; blend well.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture.
- Place chicken on rack in baking pan.
- Gently slide fingers between skin and meat and drumsticks to separate skin from meat, careful not to tear skin.
- Spoon parsley mixture between skin and meat (secure breast skin with toothpicks, if necessary).
- Discard any remaining mixture.
- Place lemon halves in cavity of the chicken. Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes with reserved parsley mixture until coated.
- Arrange potatoes around chicken, bake for 1 hour, or until juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is really yummy!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More