- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 Cup butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 Cup soft brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon allspice
- 1 Teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Raw brown sugar for dusting
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg.
- Gradually sift the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger and allspice into the creamed mixture, stirring continuously. Add the lemon zest and mix thoroughly.
- Form the dough into 30 balls (about one rounded tablespoon each). Space the balls about 1" apart on the greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Dust the dough balls with raw brown sugar. Transfer to the preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are light brown.
- Transfer from the oven to a wire rack and let cool completely. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More