- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and lemon peel; beat until combined. Beat in milk.
- Beat in as much flour as you can, stir in remaining flour.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or till edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Frost with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More