- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Lamb 1 lb diced into cubes
- Onion, finely chopped 1/2 lb
- Garlic, crushed 2 oz
- Almonds, without skin 2 oz
- Ground coriander 2 oz
- Grated lemon rind 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil sunflower 11/2 fl oz
- Garam masala 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice to taste
- Prepared Basmati Rice
- To garnish
- Lime & lemon slices
- Whole almonds with skin
- Grind onion, garlic, almonds and ground coriander in a food processor.
- Stir in oil, lemon rind and salt.
- Dip all the lamb pieces in this mixture and marinade in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a heavy bottom, non-stick pan add lamb along with the marinade.
- Start cooking until all the liquid evaporates and oil starts separating; this should take 5 minutes.
- Add just enough water to cook the lamb.
- Cover and simmer until lamb is tender.
- Add garam masala and lemon juice.
- Adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding a little water, if required.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add a few slices of lemon and immediately cover and remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with almonds and slices of lime and lemon.
- Serve hot over a bed of Basmati Rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Cooking with Sabra
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More