- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small package lemon Jello
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- pinch of salt
- vanilla wafer, graham cracker, or butter cookie crumbs
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Add reserved juice to make 1 Ã‚Â¾ cups.
- Chill until ropey (like thick syrup) and then whip.
- Whip the evaporated milk.
- Mix the whipped Jello and whipped milk together.
- Add the drained pineapple and salt.
- Line a 13x9x2 pan with vanilla wafer, graham cracker, or butter cookie crumbs.
- Pour the Jello mixture over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle a few crumbs over the top.
NotesOur family has been making this dessert since the late 50's. It is a very light dessert with a consistency more like a light mousse. This is something that works well with a heavy meal, because it is almost like eating 'air.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More