- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (1 oz) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (I used lemon)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 teas lemon juice
- 1 teas grated lemon peel
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a bowl, whisk the sour cream, pudding mix, milk, lemon juice and peel until blended. Serve with fruit.
- Nutritional analysis: 1/3 cup of dip equals 127 calories, 7 g fat (5 saturated), 27 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
NotesI tore this recipe out of a catalog a few years(?) ago. I recently made it for a bunco party and everyone loved it. Especially when they found out it was low in fat & sugar!
Here is the little blurb that came with the recipe:
For a party, brunch buffet or healthy snack anytime, fresh fruit with this sweet lemony dip can't be beat. When I worked in a cafeteria, I'd make up small plates of fruit and this dip. They sold very well.
Regina King, Watertown, Wisconsin