- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is from the WW cookbook take-out tonight!
I did not have any pan juices to baste with - I'm assuming it's because I used the convection setting on my oven.
I didn't have any marjoram, so I used 1 1/2 tsp oregano.
I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
The potatoes seemed to cook much faster than the chicken. I ended up taking them out of the oven and cooking the chicken alone.
This was very delicious and flavorful!
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- 1 lb small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of the oil, the garlic, oregano, marjoram, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/8 tsp of the pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, tossing well to coat, and marinate 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 Tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in a medium bowl. Add the potatoes and toss well to coat. Place a wire rack in the center of a large roasting pan. Arrange the potatoes around the rack and roast 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; reserve marinade. Remove the potatoes from the oven, and place the chicken on the wire rack. Add the water to the reserved marinade and pour over the chicken and potatoes. Roast chicken and potatoes 20 minutes; baste with pan juices. Return the pan to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken registers 170 degrees, about 15-20 minutes longer.