- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup low-fat sesame-ginger salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated fresh lemon grass paste
- 2 tablespoons bottled Korean sweet sesame red chili sauce
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 3 teaspoons garlic-flavored olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sweet mini peppers (orange, yellow, red) cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 Fresh California Avocados, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1. Combine dressing, lemon grass paste and red chili sauce in small bowl.
- 2. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup dressing mixture in medium bowl; mix well.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- 4. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- 5. Combine cooked beef, peppers, avocados, parsley and remaining dressing mixture in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Nutrition information per serving: 464 calories; 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 15 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 433 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 9.0 g fiber; 27 g protein; 9.3 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 27.6 mcg selenium; 5.3 mg zinc; 109.7 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Babette's Test Kitchen
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More