- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. almond ext.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tblspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped gumdrops
- (her recipe omitted the amount to add)
- 3 T. lemon juice
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add extract.
- Mix dry ingred.
- Add to egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Blend just enough to mix.
- Fold in lemon peel, nuts and gumdrops.
- Pour into greased loaf pan, bake at 325 for 70 minutes (I am not sure about this time, I think it took less time for me, I forgot to make a note so be sure and check it).
- Mix lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Remove bread from oven and pour over at once. Cool 10 minutes and remove to wire rack.
- I did not add the lemon juice and sugar after I baked it.
NotesFor the ladies who requested it, here it is. It is my MIL's recipe. It would be good even without the gumdrops.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Growers' Giveback Potluck
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More