- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- zest from one lemon, finely grated
- 2 tsp Boyajian pure lemon oil (no substitutions, lemon extract is NOT the same)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon zest, Boyajian oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and add to the butter mixture. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Form into largish walnut size balls using a cookie scoop.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet with a silicon baking sheet liner. Seriously, invest in a couple if you bake at all. You can pull the liner off the pan with the cookies on it seconds after coming from the oven and you don't mess up the cookies with a spatula.
- Squish dough balls lightly with the bottom of a glass. Dip glass in flour if it sticks.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Let cool
- While cooling, make glaze!
- Squeeze the juice from your lemon. The best tip I've got for that is to cut the lemon in half and squeeze with a fork over a sieve over a bowl.
- Add about a cup of sifted powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add more powdered sugar until you have a thick glaze - about the consistency of white glue. Spoon a small amount on the center of a cooled cookie and swirl a bit with a spoon. The glaze will even itself out. Too much will just drip off the cookie, so be sparing.
- Let set completely before packaging.
NotesMy own recipe. The cookies are similar to those soft sugar cookies you buy at the market - without the overwhelmingly sweet icing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More