- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
BackstoryMy motto – “when the universe gives you lemons, make this lemon blender pie”!
This pie, on the other hand, was absolutely to die for and ridiculously easy. You blend, pour and bake. It is crust-less, fuss-less, and no less than spectacular!
It is so quick, easy, and delectable, that you will be keeping this recipe on hand for last minute emergency trough requirements again and again. I modified this recipe from one of my mum’s old favorites. My mom’s efforts, whilst fabulous, contained a lot of the “nasties” like refined sugar, dairy milk, and wheat. This latest gluten-free, sugar-free incantation might just eclipse the original. My family are certainly singing its praises.
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups soy milk or hemp milk
- ½ stick or ¼ cup of organic melted butter or vegan margarine
- Throw all ingredients in your blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a well greased standard 9 inch/23cm pie dish and bake for about an hour at 180C/350F.
- Test the pie with a skewer. I have had this pie take up to an hour and a half to set properly, depending on the oven.
- If it starts to brown too much on the top – cover with foil to continue baking without ruining that gorgeous golden finish.