- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2T lemon zest
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Combine flour and salt. Beat butter with the lemon zest until creamy. Add sugar to butter and beat 3 minutes or until light in texture and color. Scrape down bowl. Add vanilla. Beat the flour in on low 1/3 at a time.
- Roll out dough and cut into rectangles. Bake at 325 until just set, DO NOT BROWN.
- Make the lemon glaze with the juice and confectioners sugar. You may need more or less sugar depending on the amount of juice you get from your lemon. Dip one end of each cookie into the glaze and allow to set.
NotesHere's a recipe from my days as a restaurant pastry chef. They are easy and delicious and the dough can be made ahead, rolled and cut and frozen until ready to bake straight from the oven.
It may seem silly to put a tiny amount of salt in a sweet cookie, but don't skip this, the salt really does bring out the flavor of the butter and vanilla.