- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 to 15
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was given to me by a friend that I worked with years ago when I lived in CO and worked at a bank. It is always a hit whenever I make it.
It is inexpensive to make and goes a long ways.
- 1 can evaporated milk, well chilled
- 1 sm pkg lemon Jello
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind
- Dissolve Jello in hot water.
- Cool until slightly thickened.
- Whip Jello with electric mixer, add lemon juice, sugar and grated lemon rind.
- Whip chilled milk until light and airy and fold into Jello.
- Put 3/4 of the vanilla wafer crumbs in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour Lemon fluff over crumbs and sprinkle remaining crumbs over the top.