- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP lemon zest
- 2 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 TBSP) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into little cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- (These are delicate little things and you don’t want them to stick!)
- In a food processor, pulse together the sugar, lemon zest and lavender until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk t ogether the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this to the sugar mix in your processor and pulse again until combined.
- Scatter the butter on top of this mix and pulse some more, until the mix is the texture of corn meal.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- And while the machine is running, slowly stream the liquid in.
- Continue to process until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove, roll into a cylinder and wrap tightly in saran.
- Either freeze for 45 minutes or chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using.
- When ready to bake, slice the cookies and place them on parchment lined pans.
- At the last minute, I decided that I wanted to use a cookie cutter to give them some definition.
- And the diameter of my roll of dough was slightly smaller than the cookie cutter I wanted to use.
- So I very lightly floured my work surface and rolling pin and gently pressed them out a bit before pressing out my shapes.
- Bake until very lightly golden on the edges about 10 minutes.
NotesI bid on some lemon lavender cookies on an online bake sale and won! But I never got the cookies! Eager to try lavender in food....I decided to bite the bullet and make them myself. I LOVED working with this delicate, pretty and aromatic herb! MY cookies were fabulous!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More