- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP lemon zest
- 2 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried lavender
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 TBSP) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into little cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- (These are delicate little things and you don’t want them to stick!)
- In a food processor, pulse together the sugar, lemon zest and lavender until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk t ogether the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this to the sugar mix in your processor and pulse again until combined.
- Scatter the butter on top of this mix and pulse some more, until the mix is the texture of corn meal.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- And while the machine is running, slowly stream the liquid in.
- Continue to process until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove, roll into a cylinder and wrap tightly in saran.
- Either freeze for 45 minutes or chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using.
- When ready to bake, slice the cookies and place them on parchment lined pans.
- At the last minute, I decided that I wanted to use a cookie cutter to give them some definition.
- And the diameter of my roll of dough was slightly smaller than the cookie cutter I wanted to use.
- So I very lightly floured my work surface and rolling pin and gently pressed them out a bit before pressing out my shapes.
- Bake until very lightly golden on the edges about 10 minutes.
NotesI bid on some lemon lavender cookies on an online bake sale and won! But I never got the cookies! Eager to try lavender in food....I decided to bite the bullet and make them myself. I LOVED working with this delicate, pretty and aromatic herb! MY cookies were fabulous!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Get Fit With Good Food!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More