- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- Two pinches of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup of 1% milk
- 1/4 cup of squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lime peel
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Combine sugar, corn starch and salt in a saucepan and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk together.
- Pour in egg and milk mixture into the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Add juices and whisk mixtures until smooth.
- Turn on heat on medium and boil mixture. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- Add lemon and lime peel into the mixture.
- Afterwards, pour in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until cool.
- Whip the whipping cream for about a minute.
- Pour in the cooled lemon-lime mixture in the whipped whipping cream and just gently stir with a spoon until smooth.
NotesI don't like tart tasting desserts generally, but I love lemony/limey tasting desserts for some reason! And this one is a perfect combination between sweet/tart/creaminess.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More