- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- Two pinches of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup of 1% milk
- 1/4 cup of squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lime peel
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Combine sugar, corn starch and salt in a saucepan and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks and milk together.
- Pour in egg and milk mixture into the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Add juices and whisk mixtures until smooth.
- Turn on heat on medium and boil mixture. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- Add lemon and lime peel into the mixture.
- Afterwards, pour in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until cool.
- Whip the whipping cream for about a minute.
- Pour in the cooled lemon-lime mixture in the whipped whipping cream and just gently stir with a spoon until smooth.
NotesI don't like tart tasting desserts generally, but I love lemony/limey tasting desserts for some reason! And this one is a perfect combination between sweet/tart/creaminess.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More