- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Villa Massa Liquore di Limoni or Lemon liqueur
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Lightly spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Beat in 1 tablespoon Villa Massa Liquore.
- Add 1cup flour and beat into mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Pat dough into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs for 10 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar and beat into a pale yellow mixture.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of Villa Massa Liquore, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix well..
- Sift together remaining 3 tablespoons of flour and baking powder and beat into mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Remove cookie dough from oven and pour lemon mixture evenly over surface.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately dust top with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Cut into 2 x 2-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Makes 16 cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
My Family CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More