- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ t salt
- 1 cup flour
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow crème
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line two cookie sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- Combine water and butter in heavy saucepan and bring to boil. Add flour and salt all at once and stir until batter is thick and pulls away from side of pan. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Batter should be smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons (use cookie scoop, if desired), two inches apart, on cookie sheets. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffs are puffed and golden. Cool on wire rack.
- In small saucepan, whisk together 4 egg yolks (save egg whites for another use) and lemon juice. Heat over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, and immediately whisk in marshmallow crème. Transfer lemon mixture to large bowl and refrigerate until cool, at least 20 minutes. Fold whipped topping into cooled lemon mixture, and continue to chill for at least one hour.
- Cut the tops off of the cooled cream puffs. Remove any unbaked batter. Fill with heaping tablespoons of lemon cream and replace tops. Place individual cream puffs on dessert plates and drizzle with chocolate syrup (about 1 tablespoon). Recipe makes about 24 cream puffs.
NotesThis is one of the results of my "fooling around with marshmallow creme" phase.