- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pie crust
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbs cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs grated lemon zest
- 4 tbs (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Swiss Meringue:
- 7 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sift together sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir in water until mixture is smooth.
- In a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat, combine lemon juice, egg yolks, and salt. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, storing constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat and cook until falls off spoon in thick clumps, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in zest and butter til smooth. Pour into a bowl; let cool to room temp, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into cold pie shell, refrigerate, covered til firm, about 1 hour.
- Swiss meringue:
- Combine whites, sugar, and salt in heatproof bowl. Set over simmering water. Beat til sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; whip til stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie and broil til brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More