- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pie crust
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbs cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs grated lemon zest
- 4 tbs (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Swiss Meringue:
- 7 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sift together sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir in water until mixture is smooth.
- In a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat, combine lemon juice, egg yolks, and salt. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, storing constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat and cook until falls off spoon in thick clumps, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in zest and butter til smooth. Pour into a bowl; let cool to room temp, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into cold pie shell, refrigerate, covered til firm, about 1 hour.
- Swiss meringue:
- Combine whites, sugar, and salt in heatproof bowl. Set over simmering water. Beat til sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; whip til stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie and broil til brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More