Lemon Meringue Pie
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
1 1/2 cups cold water
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp butter
1 baked pie crust
3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stire in water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks.
3. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and butter
4. Spoon hot filling into pie crust
5. In a small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy.
6. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar gradually.
7. Beat in 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
8. Continue beating until stiff peaks form
9. Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of crust.
10. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
11. Cool on wire rack, refrigerate.