- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 baked pie crust
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stire in water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks.
- 3. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and butter
- 4. Spoon hot filling into pie crust
- 5. In a small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 6. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar gradually.
- 7. Beat in 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 8. Continue beating until stiff peaks form
- 9. Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- 10. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- 11. Cool on wire rack, refrigerate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More