- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250 g flour (8.7 oz)
- 120 g butter at room temperature (4.2 oz)
- 1 tblspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tblspoons milk
- (for custard)
- 4 organic lemons
- 10 sugar lumps
- 1/2 l milk (2 cups)
- 5 egg yolks (keep three egg whites apart for the meringue)
- 50 g powdered sugar (1.7 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 60 g starch (2.1 oz)
- 40 g butter (1.4 oz)
- 3 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 150 g powdered sugar (5.2 oz)
- lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspon white vinegar
- Sift the flour, add sugar and rub in the butter, creating crumbs. Add 1 yolk, a pinch of salt and cold milk. Kneed gently and form a ball. Cover it with a piece of cling foil and leave in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Wash carefully the lemons with warm running water and then dry them.
- Rub the lumps of sugar over the surface of lemons so that they absorb lemon essence.
- Warm the sugar lumps with milk and remove from heat before it starts boiling.
- Mix 4 egg yolks with powdered sugar, vanilla and starch until the mixure doubles its size. Little by little add hot milk and lemon juice from 2 lemons.
- Continue mixing while you are cooking the cream over low heat. Remove from heat and add butter.
- For the meringue, whisk the egg whites with a little salt until very firm. Gradually add sifted powdered sugar, lemon juice (1/2 lemon) and a spoon of white vinegar).
- Greese and flour tart form, cover it with tart dough and punch it with a fork.
- Bake for 10 mins in an oven preheated to 180°C (350 F)
- Take it out of oven, pour the custard in and cover with the meringue. Bake again for 30-35 minutes at 150°C (300 F)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
MetroCooking DC 2013
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More