- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Confectioner's Sugar
- Garnish: Fresh lemon zest
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and 1/3 cup confection's sugar. Using an electric mixer at med. speed, beat until fluffy (approx. 2 min.).
- Add lemon zest, lemon extract and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Add flour and salt, beating to combine well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until set, but not browned. Cool 5 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar. After cookies have cooled completely, roll in powdered sugar a second time. Garnish with lemon zest on each cookie, if desired.