- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Can Evaporated milk
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar or to taste
- Juice from 3 lemons or limes
- You can also add the rind on the lemons for extra taste and decor. Sprinckel on top before serving
- Empty the can of milk on a plastic container and freeze it until hard.
- When milk is frozen, beat with an electric mixer until is very frothy. Start adding the powdered sugar until is meringue like. Slowly add the lemon juice without stopping the mixer.
- Place on a serving container and freeze again until it's time to serve.
NotesMy Grandma used to make this recipe for us. It was one of my favorites as kid. It's frozen and comes out almost like light, airy, ice cream. It's easy to make and can be dressed up very nicely for company.
Recently, I made this for company and to jazz it up I added sauced balckberries.
I simply got some Blackberries (frozen worked great) and mixed them in a saucepan with some sugar and port (both to taste). I just kept it on a low-med simmer and let the whole mixture reduce until it reached a consistency I liked.
I just topped the mousse with the blackberry mixture as I served it to my friends.
The flavor of the blackberry sauce was lovely with the mousse. I think any berry or liqour would work well.
Simple fresh berries would also be nice.
Or just dive into the mousse straight, like you would ice cream.