- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- t lemon zest
- 5 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3 c grated parmigiano reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 c parsley leaves
- ¼ c basil leaves
- ½ c olive oil plus 2 to 3 T for sautéing scallops
- 2 med garlic cloves peeled
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 lb linguine
- 1 lb sea scallops with side muscles removed
- ground black pepper
- Place lemon zest and juice, 1 c of the cheese, parsley, basil, olive oil, garlic and salt in food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 c of the water. Drain and return to the pot.
- Toss with the pesto and adjust salt to taste. If the mixture seems thick add some of the reserved water to thin. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat 2 to 3 T of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. When hot, but not smoking, add scallops and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 mins per side. Salt and pepper scallops to taste.
- Serve the pasta with the scallops on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and add a garnish of basil. Serve with red pepper flakes on the side.
- This will serve 4 average appetites with a salad and garlic bread.
NotesThis is adapted from a recipe I found I think in the Detroit News. It was a big hit with my hero (or so he styles himself) and our granddaughter who is not a seafood lover.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More