- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, medium shred
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1.4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 x 8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- granulated sugar for bruling
- For crust, preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 10-inch removable bottom tart pan.
- Pulse all ingredients together until a rough, crumbly texture (mixture will be dry). Press into prepared pan and bake 12 minutes, until it just starts to brown around the edges. Allow to cool.
- For filling, reduce oven temperature to 325 °F. Beat cream cheese to smooth and add sugar and flour while beating. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in lemon juice and zest and stir in pineapple. Pour over cooled crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until set but not browned. Cool for an hour, then chill completely before bruling.
- Sprinkle a layer of granulated sugar over the surface of the tart. Using a kitchen butane torch melt and caramelize the sugar and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More